Saturday, October 13, 2012

The music makes the workout

I've posted a few times about my Jaybird earbuds.  Yes, I probably seem a little anal about it.  It is true though, I cannot workout, at least not effectively, at least not in my mind, if I don't have music!  And it has to be the right music!  Some will just not do.  Some works fabulously!  Example: yesterday morning, I dragged my tired but into the gym at 6 a.m.  I got up shortly after 5 after not going to bed until 1:00 a.m. (but it was worth it - Go Tigers!)...I started off very sluggishly on the elliptically, not wanting to be there.  Luckily, I have figured out why my ear buds hadn't been working for me (just tip:  I now make sure to connect them to my iPod Touch each time...not just fire up the touch and the ear buds and hope they meet in the middle).  Last week, a friend of mine sent some cds he made for me with nothing but Slipknot.  Yep...that definitely works for getting me fired up for cardio!  I was oh so thankful for it yesterday morning as it pulled me through my entire workout!


No comments:

Post a Comment