Friday, October 26, 2012

And with the political BS out of the way...back to the healthy stuff

In my quest for healthier eating, I've been trying different things, I've been spending more time in the organic food section (actually, because it is so small at my local Kroger, it is just easier to find everything)...and last week I purchased almond milk for the first time (the intent for the purpose was for a muffin recipe I plan to try to tomorrow).  This is what I got:



In a word:  yum.  Seriously.  I did not realize this stuff is so good!  I am not sure I even have enough for that recipe.  I have had it nearly every day over a bowl of granola...specifically this (also found in the organic aisle):

I bought the granola for a different recipe.  I have none left.  Guess who is going back to Kroger tomorrow?

If I ever manage to have enough of either left over to try these recipes, I will be sure to post pics and a review (I'm not too confident though...baking with a gas oven has never worked well for me).

Seriously though....the almond milk is awesome!  Downside?   Carb count is a little high.

No comments:

Post a Comment