Saturday, October 20, 2012

I'm fat.

I'm not saying that to fish for compliments (you know...the whole "I'm fat" thing and the "No you're not...your so skinny!").  That is not the intent.  I'm saying it because, well, I believe I am fat.  Yes, I realize that I am now more than 30 lbs. under my pre-pregnancy weight (weighed in tonight at an even 143 lbs.).  Since April/May, I have gone from a size 12 to a size 4 (at least at NY & Co).  For the most part, I think I look and feel great...

However, I see a picture like this (from the beginning of August):
Or this (from this past Thursday):
and I am brought back to reality.

This is what I saw tonight when I looked in the mirror after my workout:
Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

Nope. I am not happy with it. I know that my body did an extraordinary thing just over 16 months ago. But I am not happy with the 'jelly belly' I see. The muffin top if my shirt rides up too high.  I don't get the women my size and bigger that have that body confidence thing going on and not afraid to show it.  That I posted the post-workout pic here is a stretch for me.  Much larger than that, I would not want anyone to see.

I suppose it doesn't help matters that there are some women I follow on instragram that are fitness fanatics.  I see their flat/sculpted abs and want that for myself...knowing darn well that someone in my family just can't have that.

I spent over $150 at the grocery store today with the intent of trying to do more 'clean eating'....we'll see how long I stick that one out.  I only wish my husband would be more open to that idea...after all, the is the one that has dreams of competing in an Iron Man competition!  I am sure a diet of fast food is not optimal for that kind of training!

I am fat.  My 40th birthday is in just over six months.  It really isn't that I want to lose a ton more weight.  I don't.  I just want to retrain the fat.  Is that really too much to ask?  

2 comments:

  1. Your belly looks way better than mine does!! You go girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It may be telling a different story after dinner tomorrow night!

    ReplyDelete