Monday, April 8, 2013

Gotta keep on running...

Okay...seriously...this is slowly becoming my new 'thing'...running.  Would never have thought that would have happened, but I was searching for something different finally decided to try...and it has started to snow ball from there!  I am now running for about 3.5 miles at a time when on the treadmill.  Finally went for my first outside - with the husband even - run last week at the park...not a great distance...but it was cold and my ears felt like they were going to fall off!  I even participated in my first organized race yesterday...it was only two miles, but I did it!  And in a much quicker time than I thought I would (under 20 minutes)!  And I loved it!  I loved the sense of accomplishment, of achievement  had when I finished!  Even better?   I finished third in my division (now granted, since I will be...gasp!...40 in just a few short weeks, this will likely be the only time in that division)!  My husband finished first in his!

And with this, actually before this, I am considering following in the husband's footsteps and while not full blown triathlon....maybe take a shot at some duathlons.  Maybe.  Very likely, actually.  I'm ready to start signing up for some actual 5ks.  Maybe even a half marathon by next year.  I even went to a 'Good Form Running' clinic tonight.  I tell ya...I am on a roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment