Thursday, October 25, 2012

fitness class review: KettleBell




A description for this particular class:

Kettlebell training uses a series of swift movements to work the entire body as a synergistic whole (unlike traditional strength training, which uses controlled movements to isolate muscle groups.)

A new session started at the Y this week.  I am, of course, sticking with my twice a week spin class. And would have liked to also stick with the twice a week boot camp I started last session.  However, Wednesday night's class is moved up 15 minutes, so it would start before my spin class is over.  I will continue with the Monday night session.  To replace Wednesday night's boot camp, I started the Kettle Bell class.  I have been wanting to try something like this for a while, so now is my chance.

And?  I like it.  So far, at least.  I definitely felt like I got a workout.  And tonight, I definitely feel like I got a workout last night!  I am getting sore (the good kind, however)!  We worked arms and legs:  squats, lunges, presses, curls, etc.  Incorporated the stability ball on some of the moves, a lot swinging of the kettle bell, even some ab work.  The class definitely made me sweat (and can I just say, that I am really starting to enjoy ow my biceps look?- that's just an observation from watching my form in the mirror).

The only gripe about the class is just me being pissy - burpees.  Seems like every class these days, they gotta sneak those bad boys in.  I hate them!  Okay - it is because I am absolutely horrible at them...but still!

On a separate note regarding gym classes...I have a general gripe.  People talking in class.  Now quiet conversation with your neighbor is fine.  I guess.  But dammit...I don't want to hear your conversation from across the room!  I am (quite literally) working my ass off (okay, so i really didn't have one in the first place) and my working like that does not allow for easy LOUD conversations like yours!  I find it very disruptive to me and my workout.  I am paying to be in that class.  I am there to work on my fitness, not to socialize.  When I can't hear the instructor because there are loud conversations going on either side of the room...that is ridiculous!  When I am dripping sweat  and my thighs are burning and looking over to see you looking like you are on a leisurely bike ride through the park with your pal....argh!!!

Okay...vent over.

No comments:

Post a Comment