Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving...

So I'll make my second blog of the night (hey...I'm playing catch up) one listing things I am thankful for (since I slacked off on my daily thanks on Facebook).  This list is inspired by The Walking Dead (my current absolutely favorite show ever):

  • My daily hot shower (actually...most days it is two...one at home, one at the gym) - I mean seriously...just the general grime that coats the characters every episode and the occasional getting drenched in the blood of the dead and the walking dead...boy do I love my hot showers!
  • A working modern washer and dryer (well...once we get a new dryer this weekend).  Nearly every episode it seems the characters are in the same clothes.  Every day.  Day in, day out.  I mean...how long was Rick wearing his sheriff's uniform?  Change it up some...geez!  
  • Modern medicine (although apparently it isn't likely to find a cure for whatever brought on the Walkers).  Yes...Lori was annoying as hell...but man, what a way to go!  How Hershel survived his amputation (and didn't become a Walker) is beyond me.
  • Electricity in general - Not just relying on a generator...but electricity.  Uninterrupted electricity.  Maybe we rely too much on it and any thing apocalyptic could just throw is into a total tailspin once the power goes...but still (I would never survive in that scenario)...and, wouldn't you know it...the end of the world is scheduled for less thn a month away.
  • Phones...all phones - Not being able to get a hold of someone when I need to drives me nuts.  I'm not talking the kind of phone calls Rick has recently received...but being able to call  if I got separated from the group, or if I'm out hunting down needed supplies, etc.  
  • The internet - How else would I keep myself entertained for hours on end...because I'd lose:
  • My Kindle - I mean, I could still read books on it and play angry birds as long as I can figure out how to charge it every now and then...but still.
  • Calenders - I need to know what day it is.  Every day.  I use a calendar for pretty much nothing else (wonder why I can never keep track of my appointments, due dates for different things, etc.).
  • Restaurants - again, this is where I would likely not be able to survive in that kind of world.  I am not so much on dining out these days...the whole fitness thing, ya know...but I still want that option!
  • Grocery stores - up and running, full stocked with fresh food...perishable fresh food.  Not picking my way through trying to find something that never goes bad (especially now that there is the potential of Twinkies going away for good).
I'm sure I could add more - a lot more - to this list...but I need to go to bed.  And with that...I will add that I am thankful for my comfy flannel sheets, my tempur-pedic pillow and my fleece pjs.

No comments:

Post a Comment