Saturday, January 12, 2013

2013 Goal Progress (and a few reviews)

Okay...so we're not quite into two weeks into this new year, so is an update really necessary?  Probably not, but still.  This is, in part, to keep me accountable.

Running

I now have one week in the books of a C25K program (this is the one I have opted to go with).  I survived.  I followed it without pause and survived.  I haven't yet actually looked for a 5k race to sign up for, although the husband did mention the one tied to the Arnold beginning of March.  He was talking more for himself, because I haven't told him and I don't think he knows that I am making my final attempt at running....but if he does decide to do it, I may surprise him and join in as well.

Along with the running, I finally got myself a decent pair of running shoes:
Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
Nike Air Max 2012.  Love!  (and saved a few bucks by ordering them on eastbay.com rather than buying them at Dick's).  Seriously...I have been in search of a decent pair of shoes for a few months now (well...not totally dedicated to the search, but looking when I had time) and I love these.  No achy, hurting feet as yet (and hopefully this doesn't happen).

And I've bought more workout clothes from Old Navy.  Sale.  Gets me every time.  But loving their compression pants and tees...so I got more (four pairs of pants and four tees/tanks).

Improving Strength/Tone/Definition

I haven't made great strides in this area...but now I have a more immediate need for this:  we are taking a cruise in April for my birthday (been talking about it for more than a month now, but we are now ready to book) and I most definitely want to be bikini ready by then.  I know that diet is a big part of this, so I'm going to be doing a little experimenting.  I'm planning to give a paleo diet a whirl.  I've got a couple of books to get me started (and these books appear to go beyond just recipes...once I've really had a chance to review for myself, I'll comment further here and if I really like it, perhaps I'll share some recipes as well).

I also mentioned previously that I bought a couple of kettlebells to do some stuff at home.  I didn't realize it at the time, but the kettlebells came with their own dvd (apparently I didn't read beyond the weight on the package).  I gave the dvd a spin this past Thursday morning (part of my ongoing effort to do more here, so the husband is freed up for more time for tri training).  It was quite the sweat-inducing workout!  And, of course, made me realize that I am still not in the shape I wish to be in...I had to take an occasional pause.

Speaking of trying to do more at home, I have been referring to skimble more and more for workouts that I can do at home...primarily workouts that focus on abs, butt...that sort of thing.  I found one this morning - a 20 minute 'Brazilian butt' workout...that, once again, caused me to break a sweat.  This is good!

So that's my goal update.  For now.  As i said, the point of this post, really, is to keep me accountable, so perhaps if I update every few weeks, I will maintain that accountability.

No comments:

Post a Comment