Saturday, September 22, 2012

Yay! Motivation! There you are!

That afternoon of trying on bathing suits was apparently the final kick in the pants I needed.  I mean, it wasn't gross, way out of control kinda thing...but I knew I could do better.  I quit making excuses...that was a huge problem of mine - I had an excuse for everything.

Exercise

I started back in the gym.  I started going on my lunch breaks...doing what I could do in the short time frame I had to work with.  I didn't work in my comfort zone, but pushed past it.  I didn't lift weights I was comfortable with, but pushed for more.  Sometimes a lot more.  We got a Y membership last winter (primarily to help Shawn with the swimming portion of his triathlon training) and I do spin classes there on a regular basis.  This fall session, I have added a 'boot camp' class to the spin class.  I may add something else or change it up next session.  I am wanting to give running one final shot.  I have downloaded an app onto my phone and my kindle (Workout Trainer by skimble.com).  I follow lots of people on Instagram that are primarily fitness-related.  I chase a 15 month old baby around on a regular basis.

Diet

Still trying to find my way with a diet.  I am not a fan of cooking, and when I do cook, it is not overly impressive.  I am really wanting to try this clean eating thing, but can't get the husband on board with it.  And with a toddler, I need to work with her diet as well...and her pickiness (which rivals mine).  Until I truly find the way with my eating habits, I am using My Fitness Pal to track everything I eat, set goals for myself, etc.  I have a few friends on there and we try to motivate each other.  I also use it frequently to track my exercise - cardio and strength training.  I have also taken a few pages from my gestational diabetes diet for my snacking.  Even though I use my lunch break to work out, I do not skip eating.  I will quite often grab a chicken breast and veggies, a salad loaded with veggies, a fruit cup, etc.  Sometimes I will just grab a protein shake after my workout.

The result?

This was from this past Tuesday:
Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App


As far as weight loss is concerned, when I weighed myself yesterday (I typically weigh myself after my Friday lunch time workout), I was at 145.8 lbs.  I have gone from a size 12 to a size 6 (almost always I buy my clothes at NY & Co...I am aware of their generous sizing, but hey...at least if I continue shopping at the same place, I get consistency with my sizing).  Extra large to a medium.  The bra size has definitely changed, too.  My strength has definitely improved, I feel better about myself overall.  My legs have slimmed, I am getting some definition in my biceps, the husband says the back fat is gone.

A lot of people have noticed and have commented.  Most of it has been nice and I hope that I have maybe motivated others.  Maybe these types of posts on my blog will motivate even more people.  On the flip side...I also get somewhat negative comments - people saying I am too skinny (um...145 lbs. - how is that too skinny?  methinks you are just jealous), asking if I have been sick, etc.  Even asking when I'm going to stop.  This is not something I hope to stop.  I haven't totally defined what my overall goal is.  I still have a long way to go as far as my fitness level is concerned (trust me, this boot camp class I am taking has definitely proved that).  I want to banish the fat altogether.  It is not healthy!

I only wish it was the easy with shoe size.

No comments:

Post a Comment