Thursday, December 20, 2012

No Excuses!

That was always one of my biggest downfalls...I always found an excuse to not work out, to not go to the gym...or even to excuse the way or what I ate!  Since I've been on my kick this year with the weight loss, fitness gain, etc...this is what has helped me achieve the results I have made this year - no excuses! 

I really put the 'no excuses' rule to the test last night.   Obviously it is a very busy time of year for everyone...but it is also the time of year where many of us fail at our diets and exercise programs...or at least slack off.  And perfect time of year to come up with every excuse possible not to work out.In between the last fall session and the new winter session starting January 7, my Y is doing a free mini-session...offering a limited number of classes and my favorite cycling (spin) class is included with that.  I okayed with my husband to go last night so was packed and ready before leaving for work for the day.  As the day wore on, I realized I forgot a towel to shower after the class.  That would have been an excuse for me previously.  And I debated using that as an excuse to not go.  But really?  I realized this before even leaving work, so I could have very well used the gym at work and been able to shower and go home (we have towels at work) so that excuse was no good.  I went on ahead in the direction of the Y...decided I would suck it up and drive home sweaty & smelly afterward and get a quick shower in before Stella's bath.  But then...something prompted me to check my bag for my lock (I have two different gym bags...sometimes, yes, I actually do squeeze in more than one workout - one at lunch and then a class or two at the Y) - and it wasn't there.  I couldn't very well leave stuff in my jeep at the Y...that's just not smart.  And I could NOT leave things in an unlocked locker.  My purse?  Phone?  The husband's Christmas present that is sure to make me wife of the year?  No.  THAT could have been my excuse.  And a great one at that.  I really really thought about it...but then I realized there was plenty of room in that particular classroom to stash a gym bag and extras (and plenty do it)...so I stayed the course.  I went to spin class.  Sweated my butt off, drove home smelling like a pig...but dammit, I did it...I did not let the excuses win!

No comments:

Post a Comment